Whew! It’s July and we are excited to continue teaching preschoolers the story of how God created everything. Our bottom line is “God made everything,” and our memory verse verse is “You made the world and everything in it” (Psalm 89:11, NCV). We have been telling the creation story using the Jesus Storybook Bible—we love its pictures and the way it points everything back to Jesus! Preschoolers are learning that:
- Jesus was there at the beginning of time, helping to create all things.
- God created things because He wanted to show and share His love.
- Everything God made is good.
The next five weeks will take us through the following:
- Creation, Day 5 • Genesis 1:20-23 | God creates fish and birds.
- Creation, Day 6 (Part 1) • Genesis 1:24-25 | God creates the rest of the animals.
- Creation, Day 6 (Part 2) • Genesis 1:26-27 | God creates people—in His own image! We were made like Him, to have friends, create new things, and nurture other living things.
- Creation, Day 7 • Genesis 1:31 – 2:3 | God’s work was finished, and it was all good! So God rested.
- Creation Celebration • Genesis 1:1 – 2:3 | A review of the creation story.
Click below for a link to the July Parent Cue. We hope you find these ideas helpful as you help your kiddos know the God who made them and loves them!
Click below for a video of the hand motions for our Summer Memory Verse!