Hello Antioch family!
Happy New Year!! It’s January and this month on Sunday mornings our preschoolers are going to be learning about the power of Jesus! Our memory verse is “With God all things are possible” (Matthew 19:26, NIV). Each week kids will hear a story about something amazing that Jesus did! We will ask the question “Who can do that?” and teach the bottom line that “Only Jesus can do that!” This month’s Bible stories are listed below.
- Catching Fish • Luke 5:1-7 | Jesus can do things we can’t. When Simon Peter and his fisherman friends couldn’t catch any fish, Jesus told Simon Peter to try again. He obeyed, and caught two whole boats full of fish!
- Feeding the 5,000 • Mark 6:31-44 | Nothing is too hard for Jesus. The disciples thought it would be too hard to feed 5,000 people—they didn’t have enough food or money! They only had 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish. But Jesus fed all of those people using that tiny amount of food!
- Walking on Water • Matthew 14:22-33 | Jesus can do what is impossible. Jesus’s friends were in a boat on the sea, when a big storm began! Jesus walked to them across the water, and helped Peter walk on the water, too!
- Calming the Storm • Matthew 8:23-27 | Jesus has power over everything. Jesus’s friends were sleeping in a boat out on the sea, when another storm began! Jesus told the storm to stop, and it did! He has power over even the wind and water.
- Water to Wine • John 2:1-11 | Jesus came to do amazing things. At a party, they ran out of a super fancy party drink, but Jesus took some water and turned it into the party drink so they had more! He was showing that he can do unbelievable things!
We are so excited to teach kids about the power and love of God this month! Below are some links to songs about the power of God. We love these video versions of these songs because they celebrate kids’ voices, nature, diversity, tradition, and creativity!
We invite you to watch them with your kids at home, or use these ideas to find other songs to listen to, watch, sing, dance along with, or even play on your own instruments! Worshiping through music is one fantastic way to learn about and praise our amazing God!!